Barn Shelley Lodge, Copplestone
The Barn Shelly Lodge is a lovely pinewood lodge just outside the village of Copplestone in Devon. Sleeping up to four guests in two large double bedrooms, this lodge is ideal for a family or couples wanting a relaxing break in this beautiful corner of England. Whether you plan an action-packed holiday full of activities or a relaxing break soaking up the views and snoozing the afternoons away, this lodge is the perfect base for all holiday types.
Sleeping up to four guests, this lodge is set in the owner’s grounds and offers a peaceful location with stunning views of the Devon Meadows. There are two double bedrooms, one with an en-suite and one with a separate bathroom. The lodge also offers an open plan living, dining and kitchen area where guests can relax, cook and eat together whilst on their holiday. This living area features a well-equipped kitchen, dining table and sofas as well as a TV and wood burner, perfect for cosy nights in the lodge. Doors lead out to decking area where there are a table and chairs for guests to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful views with their morning coffee or evening glass of wine.
The location of the Barn Shelly Lodge provides a relaxing rural escape with easy access to the nearby village of Copplestone and city of Exeter. Surrounded by lush greenery, there are plenty of opportunities to walk, cycle and run through the countryside. Dartmoor National Park is also only half an hour away in the car, perfect for a day out exploring the walking trails, stone circles and landmarks. The city of Exeter is 20 minutes away in the car offering a chance to visit the beautiful Cathedral as well as high street shops, restaurants and cafes. For a countryside holiday in Devon, this lodge provides the perfect base for you and your loved ones.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed garden with decking
Things to do :
- Devon Railway Centre, Tiverton – a unique railway experience with a host of attractions .The railways give unlimited train rides around the centre and with a model railway exhibition, provides an interactive fun filled day out.
- RHS Gardens, Rosemoor – If you are looking for inspiration and a relaxing day out, visit RHS Garden Rosemoor and stroll around the enchanting 65-acre gardens with woodland walks, water features and open spaces
- Saddles and Paddles, Exeter – offers a great day out for those that love a little adventure and the great outdoors. Hire a bike to pedal from the city to the seaside, or hire a boat and paddle to the pub! Outdoor fun for all ages.
1.The Devonshire Dumpling, Copplestone – country inn offering great wholesome food
2. Black Dog Inn, Crediton – excellent food in a nice relaxed atmosphere in glorious Devon countryside
3. Old Malt Scoop inn, Lapford – A lovely little pub in the village of Lapford with a great choice of ales
This beautiful rural location is within decent driving distance of Exeter.