Ruby Country Lodges, Halwill
There are so many beautiful lodges in Devon but the Ruby Country Lodges are definitely worth a visit. The Ruby Country is famous for its majestic unspoilt views and from these you can drink it all in. Sheltered under pine trees, your perfect romantic escape awaits.
The lodges sleep 4-6 people and you can choose between Metherell, Tamar and Roadford. With 3 bedrooms Roadford lodge is the biggest. It sleeps 6 and comes with a rustic decked area with an outdoor hot tub for you to survey the scenery from. Inside, the lodge boasts 2 twin rooms and a master with an en-suite. This would be perfect for a family getaway. Metherell and Tamar lodges also come with a hot tub for outdoor relaxing and sleep 4. All lodges are luxuriously furnished and stylishly fitted with modern conveniences.
The Ruby Country in North Devon is a quaint area, don’t expect any cities around here. The area boasts some of the darkest skies in the UK which makes it perfect for some romantic stargazing. There are a variety of cycle paths and hiking routes for you to explore. There are so many gorgeous natural areas to visit including The Alpaca Park: a 100 acre farm where animals including deer, otter and badgers roam free.
There are a lot of different food options for your stay. Farmer’s shops are common as well as delicious restaurants and quaint pubs (The Crossways Inn is particularly popular). You should have no problem finding some scrumptious bites in The Ruby Country. There’s really something for everyone and you’re bound to have a fantastic time.
Things to do:
• The Granite Way – Great cycle trail, all off road, suitable for all abilities
• Okehampton Castle – The remains of the largest castle in Devon, in a stunning setting
• Proper Dartmoor Tours – stunning views of Dartmoor with luxury transport
• The Oxenham Arms, South Zeal – a fine inn in beautiful surroundings
• The Clovelly Inn, Okehampton – village inn serving great food at reasonable prices
• The Black River Inn, Black Torrington – Friendly village pub with excellent food.
Based in the heart of Devon. You have some amazing surroundings.
Loads of things for the kids to do.
Dip in and relax as this location has hot tubs available.