Woodbell Lodge, near Colchester,
Set in 500 acres of private land on Wakes Hall Farm, Woodbell Lodge is the perfect luxury lodge for a getaway.
Sleeping 4 guests, this dog-friendly lodge is in an idyllic location for a countryside retreat.
With a hot tub, access to a fishing lake and woodland walking trails from your doorstep, you’ll have the best time at Woodbell Lodge.
Woodbell Lodge is a modern and spacious lodge with an open plan living and dining space with comfy sofas, dining table and large kitchen for cooking in your home away from home. Glass doors open out to the patio where you can sit and enjoy the beautiful views with your morning coffee or evening dinner. Towards the back of the property, there is also a hot tub where you can relax and soak under the bubbles with your partner. The property has a double bedroom and a twin bedroom which both lead out to the patio; as well as one en-suite bathroom and one en-suite shower room.
You can also bring your furry friend with you as this lodge allows up to 3 dogs!
Located in the Essex countryside on the Essex and Suffolk border, this lodge provides the perfect setting for nature lovers and explorers. Guests will be able to access nature trails from their doorstep as well accessing the nearby well-stocked two-acre fishing lake.
The pretty village of Wakes Colne is within walking distance and the historic town of Colchester with a medieval castle and a large and popular zoo is 40 minutes away in the car.
– Sleeps 4
– 2 bedrooms
– Dog friendly (3)
– Hot tub
– Access to fishing lakes
– Surrounded by 500 acres of land
We Recommend –
Things to do:
– Marks Hall Estate – Beautiful public gardens with gardens, lakes, plants, wood walks and play area.
– Colchester Zoo – A fantastic family day out with over 260 animal species.
– East Anglian Railway Museum – Local railway museum in original railway building with memorabilia, steam engines, train rides and café.
– Swan Inn, Chappel – Lovely country pub with a fantastic menu, selection of beer and a nice atmosphere.
– The Cricketers – Quaint local pub with home-cooked pub meals, pool table and fireplace.
– The Three Horseshoes – A nice local pub with a great menu, popular for Sunday roasts.
Located in idyllic countryside on the Wakes Hall Estate in the breath-taking Colne Valley
Up to three well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
Hot tub where you can relax after a busy day of exploring.