The Fishing Lodge, Halling
The Fishing Lodge is a lovely rural log cabin on the edge of the Kent Downs. Perfect for a romantic getaway, this dog-friendly lodge has a beautiful lakeside location with beautiful views. If you’re looking for a peaceful countryside escape, this is an excellent choice.
This traditional log cabin lodge has an open plan living, dining and kitchen area where you and your partner can enjoy cooking, eating and relaxing together. The glass doors boast stunning views across the lakes which you can admire from the dining table or sofa in front of the smart tv. The double bedroom has everything you need for a good night’s sleep and the bathroom is fully equipped with a walk-in shower, basin and toilet. The lodge also has a gravelled terrace area where you can soak in the hot tub and enjoy al fresco dinner at the picnic table or a glass of wine on the comfortable garden furniture.
Located in the Kent Downs, alongside the St Andrew’s Lakes and just a short walk from the village of Halling, this is a lovely location for a short break in the South of England.
The Fishing Lodge boasts lots of things for you to see and do. With the beautiful lakes on your doorstep, you can go open-water swimming, kayaking or carp fishing. Perfect for those who enjoy the outdoors, guests can explore the Kent Downs and walk along the Pilgrims’ Way walking trail. There are also plenty of cities and towns including Kent, Rochester, and Canterbury where you can browse shops, enjoy lunch at pubs, cafes and restaurants and visit cathedrals and castles.
Surrounded by beautiful countryside and lakes, this is the perfect location for your next romantic weekend away.
- 1 bedroom
- Sleeps 2
- Gravelled terrace with furniture
- Hot tub
Things to do
- Buckmore Park Kart Circuit – Outdoor go-kart track, fun for the whole family.
- Diggerland Kent – An amusement park with diggers, playgrounds and more!
- Rochester Castle – 11th century Norman castle with tours and beautiful views of the River Medway.
- White Hart – Classic English pub with a good menu for everyone.
- The Watermans Arms – Nearby pub with a good selection of drinks and food, outdoor seating in summer.
- Ruby’s at Medway Inn – Popular Indian restaurant serving traditional Indian food.
Beautiful lakeside location with lovely views.
Bring your dog for a run along the beach when staying at Birchington Vale.
Relax after a long day in your own personal hot tub.