Silly Knott, Backbarrow
Whether you’re planning a family holiday, a weekend away to celebrate a special occasion or simply a walking weekend in the Lakes, Silly Knott is a fantastic property for your next Lakes holiday. Sleeping six guests in three bedrooms, this stylish and spacious lodge is well-equipped and in a great location. You’ll find everything you need and more at Silly Knott in Backbarrow.
Boasting an open plan living and dining space, guests can cook, eat and relax together. There is a cosy sofa area with TV and a wood burning stove – perfect in the colder months, dining table and kitchen with everything the chef in your family will need to cook delicious meals. Sleeping six guests, the lodge has three bedrooms each with their own bathroom, ideal for families, friends or groups of couples. The floor to ceiling windows provide natural light and nice views of the surrounding countryside and open out to the private patio. The patio is the perfect spot to enjoy your morning coffee or al fresco dinner in the warmer months. You’ll also find a private hot tub where you can soak under the bubbles after exploring the Lakes.
Set within a private ground and working farm, this lodge is just a short walk from the village Backbarrow where guests can visit the local shops, cafes and pubs. Lakeside is just a short drive away where there are a number of attractions including the Lake Aquarium and Haverthwaite Steam Railway. You can also enjoy a boat ride on the Windemere Steamers to the lovely town of Bowness-on-Windemere before returning to your cosy lodge for the night.
– Sleeps 6
– 3 bedrooms
– 3 bathrooms
– All ground floor
– Hot tub
– Woodburning stove
– Fishing lake on-site
We Recommend –
Things to do:
- Lakeland Motor Museum – Museum with over 30,000 exhibits and 1950s themed cafe
- Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway – Fab day out for the family with a tearoom and dog friendly.
- Holker Hall and Gardens – Beautifully balanced offering of stately home, gardens, shop, cafe, restaurant and parking. A perfectly splendid way to idle away a couple of hours.
- Angler’s Arms – Local pub with great drinks, superb food and good service
- Station Tea Room – Tearoom in the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway serving hot drinks, breakfast and lunch, popular for afternoon tea.
- The Boathouse Café – Great café with a good menu and amazing views of Windemere.
A lakeside lodge in the south of the lake district.
Soak in the gorgeous view, while the warm water bubbles around you.