Thanet Well Lodge Retreat, Penrith
Thanet Well Lodge Retreat has some of the most spectacular views any Lake District accommodation has to offer.
Situated on the edge of Greystoke Forest, known as the ‘gateway’ to the Lake District National Park, views span far and wide toward Carrock Fell, Bowscale Fell, and Blencathra Mountain.
Come to Thanet Well for peace and serenity with a homely feel. It’s the perfect way for the family to escape the stresses of everyday life, unwind and spend quality time together. The rural location allows you to forget about everything and appreciate nature.
Lodges are stylish and spacious with Wi-Fi access, well-equipped kitchens, fireplaces and comfortable beds. A range of lodges sleep between 2 and 6 people, with each double bedroom boasting an en-suite. You can even enjoy your evenings in a private hot tub to help you relax, pamper and unwind in the dazzling surroundings.
Thanet Well is great for outdoors lovers, with an array of activities all within a short drive – climbing, water sports, golf, fishing, and cycling are available locally. If you love nature, you might be lucky enough to spot some of the incredible local wildlife including hares, badgers, red kites, woodpeckers and more.
A variety of great quality pubs and restaurants are available in the area, as well as an on-site convenience store to stock up on essentials throughout your trip.
- Flat screen TV & DVD
- Private hot tub*
- Well-equipped kitchen
- En-suite master bedrooms
- Complimentary toiletries pack
- Double glazed and centrally heated
- Veranda with garden furniture
- Complimentary welcome pack
*selected lodges only
Things to do:
- Lowther Castle and Gardens – Surrounded by acres of woodland and ancient gardens, the ruined castle is a stunning place to visit.
- Eden Outdoor Adventures – offer guided walking and tours, rock climbing, canoeing, ghyll scrambling and skills courses
- Ullswater Lake – Great walks on both sides of the lake with steamer trips to pick you up or drop you off half way round.
- Grants of Castlegate – Family Run Bistro and Bar Serving High Quality Fresh Food,
- 1863 Bar Bistro, Pooley Bridge – offers customers a relaxed fine dinning experience
- Four and Twenty, Penrith – Good selection of dishes, highly recommended.
Based in the North of Lake District.. You have some amazing surroundings.
Loads of things for the kids to do.
Dip in and relax as this location has hot tubs available.