Toad Mire, Backbarrow
Toad Mire is a fabulous luxurious lodge in the Lake District. Just ten miles from Bowness-on-Windermere, this cottage is the perfect base for your next trip to the Lakes.
With beautiful lake views, the luxurious lodge has everything you will need for a relaxing break with friends or family.
All 3 bedrooms are en-suite to suit all group sizes. The large open plan kitchen, dining and living area has beautiful modern furnishings throughout and provides the perfect space for cooking, eating and socialising together. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need to cook up a storm. There is a small breakfast bar for a quick breakfast in the morning and a large dining table for evening dinner with the whole family. The lounge area has comfy leather sofas, tv and a wood-burning stove for cosy nights indoors.
In the warmer months, you can enjoy al fresco dining! There is a large patio area with table and chairs, sun loungers, barbeque and a luxury hot tub. Perfect for soaking up the surrounding lake views.
Bowness is a lovely lakeside town with plenty of shops, pubs and restaurants to browse and enjoy, and where you can take a trip on the Windemere Lake Cruises
For family activities, there is The World of Beatrix Potter and the Aquarium of the Lakes which are both great fun.
Fly fishing available on-site, environmental licence required
Fishing free for one rod on a catch and release basis, at extra cost for more rods and there’s an extra cost if you wish to keep any of the fish
So whether you want a relaxing break soaking up the stunning views of the lakes and fells, or plan an action-packed trip, Toadmire is ideal for all.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 bedrooms
- Hot tub
- Smart TVs
- Lake views
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Underfloor heating
- Wood burning stove
- Fly fishing available on-site, free for one rod on a catch and release basis, (at extra cost for more rods and there’s an extra cost if you wish to keep any of the fish)
- Note: Due to fly fishing lake on-site, children must be supervised at all times
Things to do
- Lakeland Motor Museum – Museum with over 30,000 exhibits and 1950s themed cafe
- Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway – Fab day out for the family with a tearoom and dog friendly.
- Roudsea Wood Nature Reserve – Nature reserve with beautiful scenery and a good place for walks.
- Anglers Arms – Traditional pub with good beer and food menu.
- The White Hart – 17-century pub, surrounded by mountains with a great menu.
- Station Tea Room – Great for the whole family, afternoon tea is popular.
A lakeside lodge in the heart of the lake district.
Soak in the gorgeous view, while the warm water bubbles around you.