The Shire Hut, St. Asaph
The Shire Hut is a very unique Victorian style lodge that sleeps just 2 people making it ideal for a couple. Set in its own 1-acre park, the Shire Hut is located next to the owner’s farm with working horses, goats, sheep, ducks, geese and chickens. The hut provides beautiful views of the surrounding area and is perfect for a romantic getaway for 2. Plus, it is pet-friendly so you can enjoy this peaceful break with your four-legged friend.
Inside, the hut is all open plan featuring Victorian, cast-iron double bed with stainless window above the bed, and fireplace with wood burning stove helping to give the cosy cottage feel. There is also a well-equipped kitchen as well as a small dining table and foldable chairs. And there is a separate shower room. Everything in this hut has extra attention to detail and a sleek and stylish touch. Outside, there are seats on the patio and also on the lawn in front of a chiminea so guests can enjoy relaxing in the great outdoors.
The Shire Hut is located just 4 miles from St. Asaph, the UK’s smallest city. Visit for a look round the city, and explore the cafes, bars and shops. Guests can also enjoy country walks along one of the many walking trails from the doorstep of the Shire Hut. If you fancy travelling a little further, visit the coastal town of Rhyl for a walk along the beach and some beautiful views.
- Sleeps 2
- Pet friendly
- Open plan
- Victorian cast-iron bed
- Wood burning stove
- Free parking
Things to do:
- St. Asaph Cathedral – A charming cathedral; well worth a visit. Very interesting history and plenty to see.
- Tweedmill Shopping Outlet – a total shopping experience with quality brand names, café, and farm shop all under one roof
- Prokitesurfing School, Rhyl – tuition in all aspects of kite-powered activities including beginner kite boarding lessons and kite tricks. Unique beachfront location with the Kite Surf Cafe.
- White House, Rhuallt – large selection of dishes available on the daily menu including lunch specials and early doors.
- The Bridge , St.Asaph – Highly recommended for both food and service.
- Trefnant Inn – Nice food, reasonably priced, friendly service.
Situated in its own one acre park.
Allowance for two well-behaved pets.
Have a cosy romantic getaway in this quirky victorian hut.