Landal Darwin Forest, Matlock
If you’re looking for something a little different from your usual caravan at a holiday park, the Landal Darwin Forest, in Matlock may suit you well. The resort, located in the beautiful Peak District, provides luxury holiday accommodation for guests. The site provides Scandinavian Redwood lodges ranging in size surrounded by beautiful woodland for a relaxing break in the countryside. The luxury lodges have everything guests needs for a relaxing holiday and perfect for spending time with the whole family. And many of them also have hot tubs for the ultimate relaxation.
The holiday park benefits from an on-site swimming pool, gym, pub, small convenience store and children play centre, providing everything guests will need. The resort is ideal for families as well as visitors wanting to explore the surrounding area of the Peak District. With its on-site facilities, stunning surroundings and gorgeous lodges, this holiday park is perfect for a family break full of fun, all year round. And would also suit a couple wanting a romantic break for two.
Landal Darwin Forest is located on the edge of the Peak District and is close to the town of Matlock and Bakewell. Guests can walk from the nearby towns to explore the beautiful local towns. Visit The Heights of Abraham in Matlock where you ride a cable car to the hilltop park where there are cavern tours, walking trails and a cafe. You can also visit Peak Rail and Gulliver’s Kingdom, a family theme park in Matlock. In Bakewell, you can visit the beautiful Haddon Hall or the All Saints’ Church where there is even a cafe for you to enjoy a spot of lunch.
Features of the Park:
- Indoor heated pool
- Bar and restaurant
- Fitness and health centre
- Sports facilities and activities
- Variety of lodges sleeping 2 – 8 guests
Things to do :
- Haddon Hall – One of the finest examples of a Medieval and Tudor manor house, with wonderful gardens.
- Heights of Abraham – a unique Hilltop Park reached by a spectacular cable car journey over the Derwent Valley. Exciting underground tours of two spectacular Show Caverns as well as Exhibitions, Shops, Play Areas, Picnic Spots, Cafe and Vista Restaurant
- Rapid Horizons – specialise in White Water Rafting, Kayaking and River Tubing! No Experience is required .
1.The Greenway Cafe – a lovely, family run, vegetarian cafe based in the centre of Matlock.
2. Stones Restaurant, Matlock – a lovely restaurant serving excellent food.
3. The Market Place, Cromford – a hidden gem! Delightful tapas restaurant with an excellent selection of home cooked food.
Located on the edge of the Peak District National Park.
Plenty of activities for the whole family.